- Does Griffith Stair Company build and manufacture staircases on-site?
Most of the stair parts are already prepped for installation beforehand. This speeds up the process of replacing stairs as well as time for sanding of stair components.
- What areas does Griffith Stair Company serve?
All of Silicon Valley and the South Bay area including San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, Cupertino, AlmadenValley, Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Mt. View, Menlo Park, Atherton and Woodside.
- Do you offer free estimates?
Absolutely! I do request, however, that if there is more than one homeowner you are both present during the estimate. Most estimates are done on Saturdays, although other times can also be scheduled if necessary.
- Will I have a choice of lumber when building my custom staircase?
Yes, stairs can be constructed of almost any wood species, typically to match hardwood flooring, cabinetry, etc. Using paint grade stair skirts and risers creates a nice contrast drawing attention to the stain grade treads, newel posts, handrail and/or balusters
- How long will it take to install my nw staircase?
Most stairs can be removed and replaced the same day making the stair usable for that evening. Handrail installation
should begin the second day with all installation usually taking about 5 days.
- Will I receive a warranty for my custom wood staircase?
A full one year warranty comes with every stair or handrail project. Should there ever be an issue I will make any repairs necessary due to an installation issue.
- Are painting and sealing services included with my wooden staircase?
Painting and finishing is not included in my estimate although a painter can be recommended. Paint grade balusters can be painted at a paint shop before installation reducing on site painting.
- Do you create steel staircases?
I work with several metal companies when incorporating metal with wood components. Call for references.
- Is there a deposit needed to begin work?
A 25% material deposit is required at the time contract is accepted. 30% due at time of stair installation and 30% due at time of rail installation.